Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Unpacking again!

Just a quick note. We are mostly moved in now. It is a lot more fun unpacking this time, knowing that it is going to be permanent! Or at least for a number of years. My parents and brother may be into this whole moving thing, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not! I think we'll probably have one more trip with the hillbilly moving apparatus, maybe two depending on when we do that and if we have the freezer and beds by then. Now I just need to get used to sleeping with Rodney's snoring again. ;) It's nice out there. Very nice. Granted, it is going to take some getting used to living off grid. I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking very clearly when we packed. ELECTRIC blanket? Crock pot? Humidifiers? They all run off ELECTRIC which is in short supply out there! We can run that stuff off the generator, but we hope to run that as little as possible. It is going to take us some time to figure out what we can run when. We can run the fridge off the pelton wheel which is probably the important thing! I think the phone is working out there now, but we haven't tried it yet. I'll give that a shot after lunch when I go back out. Well, I'd better get back and pack up all the stuff that I missed yesterday that we were scrambling to find this morning trying to get kids off to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors