Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted much this week! It has been a busy week with not much to report. I'm overwhelmed every day with the STUNNING beauty of the mountains, colors and everything. We went out for a drive this afternoon out to Sheep Mountain (I think that is what it is called) and we saw quite a few sheep out there. I was kicking myself for not bringing the long lense for the camera but as Rodney said, we can go back again! We had swans on the camp lakes this week and the fall colors are probably peak right now. It is truly amazing! I try to take pictures but there's no way that a mere camera can capture the awesome beauty. I tried to take some pictures with the sun shining like gold off the leaves but they didn't come out right. I did get some nice pictures, but they just don't have that breath-taking quality to them that the real thing has. And it REALLY does take your breath away. Constantly! Many times I'll just stop and STARE, trying to take it all in. So basically that's been my week. I think it is beautiful and then I see it get even more beautiful the next day. So I've spent a lot of time with my mouth hanging open gaping at it all.

I did take the kids shopping for clothes in Wasilla at Sears yesterday. That wasn't my idea of fun but we hit a great sale and they had a good time. Mattresses were on sale for half price so I ordered some, plus a freezer. They won't be in for a few weeks though so I spent a bunch of $ and have nothing to show for it other than a receipt.

I've also been working in the lower shop and in the paint room trying to get organized. There's a loooooooooong way to go but it is very gratifying to see such instant progress. I'll probably not run out of work down there for at least the rest of winter and then IF I manage to get through the shop, there's still plenty of actual work to do once that is organized! We expect to take a couple of walk-throughs in camp this week making up lists of work to do so that we can try to come up with some sort of priority list for projects. I'll try to give a better update on things by week's end and hopefully also get some more pictures uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors