Monday, November 23, 2009

Twinkle, twinkle little star

Sorry it has taken me so long to make another post! I had no idea it had been so long but people were calling wondering if we were still alive, so I figure I'd better let you all know that we're doing fine! We're just busy catching up after having the flu. I've been making quilts for the windows to help keep out some of the cold (literally and figuratively). I got one of the pieced ones done for the kitchen:

I couldn't find the backing for the second one so I had to wait until I got more. The day after I got more material, I found the other piece! Isn't that how it always goes? Anyway, I took a break from the pieced ones (I will NOT make it as a quilter!!!) to make some for the living room. I made two of them, but only took a picture of one:

Right now they are just sort of hanging there. I still need to make a way to roll them up and attach them to the window. They can come down though and just be used as quilts. The Sherrer kids used them that way when they were over the other day watching a video. They're nice to snuggle up under when you're just hanging out.

It has been good to have the window coverings. It has been coooooooold! We're making up for all that mild weather we had all fall! It is so pretty out though! Here's a picture from last week:

We had below zero temperatures for more than a week. Fortunately it has really warmed up and is a lot easier to manage. Rodney was really busy with freezing water lines in that below zero stuff. He hasn't had time to work on the water room/basement on the back of the house. They finally did get a day to work on that and made a lot of progress. Now that the temperatures have moderated, hopefully he'll be able to get it all done this coming week.

That leads me to the topic of this post. I've been waiting for the lake to freeze up so I could go out there and lay on the ice and look at the stars. I wanted to go out last week to see the meteor showers but it was too cold and with having had pneumonia I figured that probably wasn't too smart. Last night everything was finally right. I felt pretty good, it was a lot warmer out and it was nice and clear out. I got to lay out there for about 45 minutes watching the stars. They are AMAZING up here! They are so clear and bright and twinkly! It was a delightful time! I even got to see a number of shooting stars anyway! :) Oksana and I saw an AWESOME bright and long one on Friday on the way back from her violin lesson but it was still nice to lay out and just admire the stars!

Psalm 19:1-4 says: "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." Wow! What poetry! Those stars were sure pouring forth speech last night!

I thought of all of you while I was out there. A friend of ours, Mr. Weaver, wrote to us, "We look up and say we see the same moon, sun and stars as you do only thousands of miles apart." I thought of each of you out there under the same stars as I was admiring. I figured ya'll were asleep though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors