Saturday, November 7, 2009

And another quick one!

Mark this on your calendars! Two quick blog posts in a row!!! You KNOW that something must be wrong with me to have two short ones. Well, remember that "cold" a few posts back? It wasn't just a cold. It was probably the swine flu. I rarely get a fever. 99 is fever for me. Yesterday BEFORE things got really ugly it was 101. I've sweated more in the past few days than I did all summer. I'm hungry, but all I can stomach is dry toast, crackers, etc. What fun. I seem to be about a day behind Rodney. He was really bad the day before and he's up and around a lot better today. Oksana has had it all week too, but we just thought it was a cold so she went to school all week. I hate to think how many people we've passed it on to! Well, three down, two to go!

Rodney went out to get mail today for the first time in 3 days and we had a BOATLOAD of mail! Wait, make that an ATV load, we've put the boat up for the winter! There was a HUGE box from all of our friends in Middlesex FULL of all sorts of goodies, and better yet, NOTES from all sorts of people!!!! What a blessing that box was on a day when we were feeling as cruddy as all get out!!! Even Oksana commented that though the goodies were wonderful, even more wonderful were all the notes inside! She's certainly growing up! I couldn't agree more! Ethan even wrote a "Little Willie" poem! I'll have to initiate ya'll on "Little Willie" another day though because there's another migraine coming on. Not over this flu yet! I am feeling a ton better today than I did yesterday though, so I'm sure I'm on the mend! So a HUGE THANK YOU to all involved with putting together the box of goodies and all the notes inside! Oh yeah, and FIVE tubs of delicious, fresh ground peanut butter!!!!!! :) Oh, and with all the coughing we've been doing, those throat lozenges will come in VERY handy right now! As will the toasty socks, the cheery waxed fall leaves...

2 comments:

  1. If everyone who is sending you letters and packages is praying for you, your ministry is bound to bear fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true! We do so appreciate the prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors