Monday, April 23, 2012

April

Would ya look at this!  Four months updated in two days!  Seriously, I'll try to keep up better this summer!  More craziness coming on soon though so I knew if I didn't get it done NOW I'd be in even bigger trouble!  Two graduations coming up in the next month, plus summer coming on!  It's gonna be wild!  Andrei graduates May 10 and leaves for NY for two weeks the night he graduates.  Then Oksana graduates May 26.  What a year!  We might as well jump right in to pictures since I don't have enough brain power to write about goings on.  If I find my brain one of these days I might even do a "words only" post!  What a concept!  One thing we don't normally see in Alaska is raccoons.  Had to snap a picture when we saw this one dead in the road!

Her Royal Highniness, Queen Smelly Pants, is good at making herself at home wherever she should not be.

Speaking of Russians...  Oh wait, that was at the table, not here.  But now that we're here, you might as well see the not-so-little Ruskies!  Come to think of it, I wonder if that camera is dying.  There shouldn't be any breath causing that cloud in this picture.  It went from winter to warm overnight! 

Here's this year's continuous flow ice sculpture:


 This is a fence post that showed up!  The snow WAS deeper!  Pretty sure Sergei's feet weren't even touching ground!

This one cracks me up!  Silly dog!  It's hard to maintain the regal facade when your face looks like this when you run!

Some things never change!  Brotherly love in action!  More like brotherly wrestling!

Breaking up is hard to do...  Literally when it is this kind of breakup!  Miserable driving through camp for about a week!


The Matanuska Glacier again:


I just loved how the moon was peeking up over the edge of the mountain in this picture:

Sunrise:
The sun hitting the tops of the mountains:


The snow is melting quickly at this point with temperatures up in the 50s most days.  There's still PLENTY of snow to melt though as you can see here!  This is the same view as the fifth picture down in the January post.
I've been able to get a few small projects done including this chair that has been sitting around for years.  Lee Althens glued and nailed and tightened a few spots that needed work and then I was able to put in the new seat and back that my mom painted ages ago!

We drove up to Sheep Mountain the other day to spot sheep (and theoretical bears) and take pictures.  This is the north side of the mountains. 


A little different from the south facing sides!
 Lions Head was gorgeous with storms and clouds dancing around it!



And the glacier:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors