Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Annie is here! Marlin is almost here. The trailer is in Glennallen.

Another quick post. Annie made it safely tonight. We'll update her adventures later. She's beyond exhaustion so after a quick dinner, she tottered off to bed. The trailer had TWO flat tires (brand new tires), one outside of Tok I think, the other on the far side of Glennallen. The spare for the trailer was the wrong size so they had to stop. We told them to leave the trailer and finish the trip home and we'll retrieve the trailer tomorrow. They dropped the trailer somewhere? Not sure of details, but somewhere they felt it was safe (maybe someone they knew?) and came home for a good night's rest. We only gathered bits and pieces from Annie but it sounds like they pushed HARD so they are tired. They started out yesterday at 5 am and drove until midnight. Nate and Maggie are still in Washington (last we heard) visiting Gordon. Lots of quick updates. I'm tired too so I'll post more when I have a clue. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am always jealous of your pictures in your blog, mine never seem to capture the moments like yours do. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cheat, Bill. I have one of the cameras on me at all times. Besides, my blog is mostly real time. Yours is mostly memories of years past. That makes a big difference in trying to provide photographic evidence. It's also tough to take a bad picture when there's so much great subject matter all around. When I am out of words, I let the photos take people's minds off of the lack of material. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors