Saturday, July 11, 2009

We have a truck!



Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been sick with a cold and sinus infection so I feel like I've lost about a week. Despite being on antibiotics since Monday the improvement has been very slow. I finally broke down on Thursday and started prednisone as well. I still feel kinda cruddy, just enough not to overdo it and get sicker, but I now have enough brain activity that I can at least think. Pollen counts are sky high now too so I'm pretty sure that doesn't help.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand! We have a truck! Well, it isn't here yet. We bought it at auction sight unseen. It was a VT State Police truck so Rodney was able to track down a lot of information on it though his brother and the contacts they listed on the auction site. He was able to talk to the guy who serviced it who says it is in good shape. They just replaced it with a lighter one to get better gas mileage. We got it for about half the blue book value. The sale of the cows covers the price of the truck. Once again, He provides exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or imagine!

Man details: 2001 dark green Chevy K2500 Silverado pickup with 133749 miles. 6.0L V8 MPI engine. 4WD short bed with cap, manual windows, door locks and mirrors.

We still need a trailer. The options are mind boggling and we're having a really hard time imagining how much space we'll need. It would be really nice to have the trailer available VERY SOON so that we can start packing in some of the more delicate stuff and take our time fitting things in carefully. I've got a lot of non-necessities boxed already. Come to think of it, if they're non-necessities, maybe I ought to be thinning them out more.

One more prayer item is for Carter, aka Woo. We've been dealing with some attitude problems between him and 2 of the kids. I don't think either side is capable of the changes it would take to resolve the issues.

Ah well, another busy day ahead so I'd better get at it! Thanks so much for all the prayers, thoughts, responses, comments and everything! Your encouragement helps keep us going!




1 comment:

  1. Glad that you got your truck in the bag! :)

    Sorry to hear about Wooster though hun. :( *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Morning commute

Morning commute

Followers

Contributors